Healthy Food Shopping List
Making your own healthy food shopping list is important because it gives you a guide to manage your daily menu and consumption. There are some benefits that you can gain from the list – and you can expect a better recipe preparation and cooking management with the help of the list.
Healthy Food Shopping List: The Benefits
Many people underestimate the importance of managing your own shopping list, let alone the healthy food shopping list. In reality, having the list does have its own advantages and benefits:
- It helps you to make a wiser and healthier shopping option. When you have the shopping list, you won’t be tempted to buy the unimportant and unnecessary items – which tend to be unhealthy.
- It gives you an easier shopping purpose without you having to make a stop at the unnecessary sections. For instance, if you see that your shopping list only contains veggies, fruits, and condiments, you only need to visit those sections without having to stop by at the snack or frozen foods section.
- The shopping list gives you the idea of what kind of meal to prepare – and the healthy snack options as well. For instance, if you are buying the whole wheat bread, you know that you can always have a healthy breakfast option and also tasty snacking time (making a healthy sandwich is easy and it doesn’t take a long time to complete).
- The shopping list is flexible and you can adjust it to whatever purpose you have in mind. For instance, the shopping list for losing weight is different from the one for maintaining your general health.
Healthy Food Shopping List: Coming with Different Categories
If you want to have an easier way in managing your healthy food shopping list, it would be best to put them into different categories or sections. Basically, the list is quite flexible as you can always make one based on your condition and needs. But there are some basic things that you should include in the list, such as:
Read More : Want to lose weight – Try Juicing
- Dairy products. Consider having low fat cheese, eggs, low fat or plain yogurts (consider having Greek yogurts), and non fat milk.
- Herbs, spices, and seasonings. You should have cumins, turmeric, thyme, rosemary, cinnamon, salt (sea, Kosher, and fine), black pepper, agave, and lemons (or lime).
- Oils and condiments. Consider virgin olive oil, canola oil, coconut oil, ketchup, and mustard.
- Protein or Meat. You can have salmon, turkey bacon, skinless and boneless chicken breast, tempeh, tofu, edamame, and lean ground beef.
- Legumes, grains, starches. Such things as panko breadcrumbs, oat, high fiber cereal, yams or sweet potato, brown rice, quinoa, and whole wheat products (paste, bread, wraps, and English muffin) can be added into the list.
Healthy Food Shopping List: How to Make One
There are so strict rules of how to make your own shopping list. It is always important to make a list based on your own needs and requirements. As long as you know the healthy basic, the rest is easy. Make a real and doable healthy food shopping list and you can enjoy the healthy benefits in the end.