Stroke is among the leading causes of death for so long. It is an illness caused by a sudden change in the blood supply to a part of the brain, which can cause a loss of the ability to move particular parts of the body. Some of the most popular factors are ruptured blood vessels, blocked arteries and blood clots. Stroke, which is also known as cerebrovascular accident (CVA), is a medical emergency because it can lead to permanent disability or even death. Everyone should know or be educated on or two things on stroke treatment guidelines and what to do to prevent or when someone near them is having a stroke.
Treatment for Stroke
Nowadays exists the ability to restore blood supply to the brain of some stroke victims only if they are presented with medical care early enough. The most popular stroke treatment guidelines are the CABs as in circulation, airway and breathing. This is to ensure the victim still has blood pumping, can breathe and there is no airway blockage so that they have adequate blood pressure control. They then will be established with intravenous lines and administered with blood tests as well as CT scans.
Then if the patient has been properly diagnosed with ischemic stroke, using TPA (tissue plasminogen activator) is optional. TPA can dissolve the clot blocking a brain artery and restore blood supply.
What Causes Stroke?
Generally speaking, risk factors occurring most often for stroke are as follows:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Heart valve disease or atrial fibrillation patent foramen ovale
- Drugs use (mostly happen to individuals under 50 years of age)
- Alcohol consumption
- Less active
Stroke can also be hereditary so it is advisable to talk to your family if your parents or grandparents have history of stroke. Moreover, it is believed that men are at higher risk for stroke than women.
Other Natural Alternatives to Treat Strokes
Everyone can suffer from stroke at any point in their lives, especially if they don’t lead a healthy lifestyles. The consequences of stroke are way worth preventing. Here is a few home remedies on how to treat stroke at home. All of them are natural so you won’t need to worry about negative side effects.
- Try changing your diet. Pay attention to your cholesterol levels because high amount of it can cause blood clotting. Avoid food that’s rich in saturated fat, sodium and cholesterol. Better avoid diet soda if you can because it can increase stroke risk.
- Eat turmeric because compound curcumin in turmeric is able to reduce blood clotting formation. Curry dishes are rich of turmeric so eating those can actually educe stroke risk.
- Eat ginger because it is a cardiac tonic which can treat stroke, help poor circulation, decrease cholesterol levels and prevent excessive blood clotting. 2 tablespoon of ginger a day for a week can help neutralize blood clotting effects of 100 mg butter. You can mix it in your cooking or drink ginger tea.
- Carrots are another healthy alternative to prevent stroke. They are high in beta-carotene and other important carotenoids. Women suffer 68% fewer stroke risk when they eat 5 servings of carrots weekly.
Learning stroke treatment guidelines is vital for every individual for stroke is a killer that can stop everything and thus ending someone’s life.